httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FreebSD jailed Apache 2.4 rewrite/proxy module errors
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:10:52 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Goran Tepshic <purpleritza@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just set up a FreeBSD jail to run httpd in it and all works good except
> these two, rewrite/proxy modules.
>
> *These are error logs excerpts:*
>

> *mod_rewrite* error:
>
> [rewrite:crit] [pid 43447] (13)Permission denied: AH00666: mod_rewrite:
> could not init rewrite_mapr_lock_acquire in child
>
> *mod_proxy* error:
>
> [proxy:crit] [pid 43447] (13)Permission denied: AH02479: could not init
> proxy_mutex in child
>

> Not sure permissions of *what* are being denied as html in document root
> is being served just fine when these modules are disabled.
>
> I tried googling but found nothing but rubbish.
>

> Please help, this thing is making me crazy.

httpd/APR on FreeBSD uses a file-based mutex ("flock") by default.  It
looks like the mutex files are placed in a location where the httpd child
processes don't have permission.

You should be able to use 2.4's Mutex directive (
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#mutex) to resolve the
issue.

Perhaps the necessary magic is

Mutex file:/some/path/ default

where /some/path is writable by httpd parent and child.  I don't *think*
this is some jail-specific issue, other than that child-writable paths in
the jail may be different/more limited due to the way it is set up.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/