httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sharon Zastre <SZas...@dryden.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Websites not loading properly / consistently
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:01:41 GMT
Hello,

I have several sites created, both internal and external.  The external sites are proxied
out using Apache 2.4.9 OpenSSL 1.0.1g.  Some sites are secured while others are not.  I notice
that the first time that I attempt to access the external sites, often I will need to reload
/ refresh in order for it to work.  Not a big deal if it is just one refresh.  But I’m still
wondering why this is happening?  I believe it is related to Apache since the internal sites
load fine.  Any ideas for the need to reload the sites?

But the bigger issue is with the external and secure sites.  These sites in particular take
a long time to load and will often time-out either while trying to load the site or trying
to authenticate the user/password.  This has become more of an issue over the last week or
two.

Now I am not very familiar with Apache so please be gentle.  But it seems like requests are
taking too long and then hang.  When the number of processes becomes too large, then the sites
are no longer functional.  I have included the httpd-mpm.conf and am testing it out to see
if it makes a difference.  Wondering how I should adjust the settings to get the best performance.
The odd time it will load but it is very inconsistent; which makes it more difficult to troubleshoot.
 Any suggestions as to what the issue may be or where to look for more info is greatly appreciated.

Error log shows a couple of messages:

- Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using ::1. Set the
'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

- The specified network name is no longer available.  : AH00341: winnt_accept: Asynchronous
AcceptEx failed.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sharon

DISCLAIMER: This communication and any files transmitted with it may contain information that
is privileged or confidential and is intended to be for the use of the individual (s) or entity
named above. This material may contain confidential or personal information which may be subject
to the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
If you are not the intended recipient of this communication and any files transmitted with
it, any use, review, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, copying, printing, or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this communication, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the original
and any copy of this e-mail, and any printout thereof, immediately. Finally, the recipient
should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Dryden Police
Services Board and the Corporation of the City of Dryden accepts no liability for any damage