httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frederik Nosi <frederik.n...@postecom.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Slow performance in Apache
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:33:06 GMT
Hi,
On 08/19/2014 01:49 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 6:00 AM, <pratibha.dhankhar@wipro.com
> <mailto:pratibha.dhankhar@wipro.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     Need urgent help from all you experts. We have a tomcat and apache
>     server on same physical box .Earlier it was working fine however
>     last week application is integrated with IDAM, since then whenever
>     user is accessing the link through IDAM application is responding
>     either very slow or not at all, Once apache is restarted ,again it
>     start working and after 3-4 hours again same issue occurs. Please
>     suggest.
>
>     Have done some tuning at apache end as well like
>
>     Timeout 120
>
>     KeepAlive Off
>
>     MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
>
>     KeepAliveTimeout 15
>
>     Still not working.
>

> See if there is a buildup over time of connections between httpd and
> Tomcat.  netstat and mod_status with ExtendedStatus On would make this
> relatively easy.  (mod_status won't show explicitly that the request
> is handled by Tomcat, but you can check requests stuck in W state to
> see if the URL is handled by Tomcat.)

Out of curiosity, on the summary page generated by mod_status, the
description of W is:

"*|W|*" Sending Reply

I thought that when in this state, the corresponding thread / proccess
was sending the reply to the client. From your reply if i understood
correctly seems that when using mod_proxy (and mod_jk right?) the W
state includes the time spent on sending the request and geting a reply
from the origin.

Is this right?