httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Rewrite and automount question
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 19:24:44 GMT

On 08/08/2014 11:59 AM, Rose, John B wrote:
> mod_userdir does not seem to cause superfluous automounter attempts
> when an http request to a non-existent web address,
> http://website.com/~someuser, is received
>
> Is there some way to implement that mechanism with
> http://website.com/someuser http requests for a nonexistent "someuser"?

What's automounter? Is that some process that mounts a user's home
directory on a remote share or something?

I suppose you could query a list of valid users on server startup, and
use that (via mod_macro or something?) to generate a list of Alias
directives? Or possibly use a RewriteMap to do the same thing based on a
list of users, although RewriteMap can be a bit of a performance bottleneck.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon