httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Houston <...@openstrike.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Order of application of sites-enabled configs
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 09:42:39 GMT
On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 02:20:26AM -0700, M Busche wrote:
> I notice that the default virtual host configuration file name is 000-default.conf.
I presume the convention of starting virtual host configuration file names with a three digit
number governs the order in which the configurations are applied.  Can someone point me to
the apache docs web page that explains this?

Yes, it's explained in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#include
which specifies (among other very useful information), "Shell-style
(fnmatch()) wildcard characters can be used in the filename or directory
parts of the path to include several files at once, in alphabetical
order."

HTH,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107