httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Beckett <paul_beck...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Segmentation Fault - too many proxy balancers
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 05:39:01 GMT
I've tried increasing various system limits (using ulimit), generally doubling and increasing
10-fold any value. None of the following has made any difference:
# -n : The maximum number of open file descriptors (most systems do not allow this value to
be set)ulimit -n 2048# -u : The maximum number of processes available to a single userulimit
-u 5149520# -s : The maximum stack sizeulimit -s unlimited# -l : Maximum locked memoryulimit
-l 128# -i : The maximum number of pending signalsulimit -i 5149520# -q : POSIX message queuesulimit
-q 8192000
Looking in /proc/<pid>/limits I've confirmed the limits have been raised from:Limit
                    Soft Limit           Hard Limit           UnitsMax cpu time
   unlimited            unlimited            secondsMax file size             unlimited
         unlimited            bytesMax data size             unlimited            unlimited
           bytesMax stack size            10485760             unlimited            bytesMax
core file size        0                    0                    bytesMax resident set
     unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax processes             1024
         514952               processesMax open files            1024                 1024
                filesMax locked memory         65536                65536                bytesMax
address space         unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax file locks
     unlimited            unlimited            locksMax pending signals       514952
         514952               signalsMax msgqueue size         819200               819200
              bytesMax nice priority         0                    0Max realtime priority
   0                    0Max realtime timeout      unlimited            unlimited
   us
to:Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit           UnitsMax cpu time
            unlimited            unlimited            secondsMax file size             unlimited
           unlimited            bytesMax data size             unlimited            unlimited
           bytesMax stack size            unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax
core file size        0                    0                    bytesMax resident set
     unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax processes             5149520
         5149520              processesMax open files            2048                 2048
                filesMax locked memory         131072               131072               bytesMax
address space         unlimited            unlimited            bytesMax file locks
     unlimited            unlimited            locksMax pending signals       5149520
         5149520              signalsMax msgqueue size         8192000              8192000
             bytesMax nice priority         0                    0Max realtime priority
  0                    0Max realtime timeout      unlimited            unlimited
  us
I have 166 virtual hosts, and 124 proxy balancers. As soon as I try to increase the number
of proxy balancers to 125 I get the segmentation fault error. I only have one set of log files
(1 access log, 1 error log), I don't have separate log files for each vhost.
Thanks,
Paul