httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Beckett <paul_beck...@outlook.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Segmentation Fault - too many proxy balancers
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:00:44 GMT
My apache server has started segmentation faulting all the time (seems to log a segmentation
fault every few requests to the apache error log):
[Fri Jul 25 06:25:42.046752
2014] [core:notice] [pid 11226:tid 140006078953216] AH00052: child pid 11715
exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
This appears to be due to the number of proxy balancers I have configured (problem isn't related
to any one specific proxy balancer, adding / removing any of the proxy balancers causes the
problem to appear/disappear). I'm using Apache HTTPD as a reverse proxy for a lot of load-balanced
(by apache httpd) application servers. My googling so far hasn't found any specific limit
on the number of proxy, or how I can increase this.
I am running Apache HTTPD 2.4.9, built from source on RHEL6.
I would be very grateful if anyone can shed more light on this, and assuming I'm right about
a limit: point my in the right direction as to how I can increase this.
Thanks,
Paul