httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Content-Type recognition
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 15:39:32 GMT
Still hoping for some additional help with this. Many thanks for your
suggestion/correction.


On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not figure out how to get extra info from the "maintainer" and
> "debug" enabled version, and it was not as stable (may need to also rebuild
> the php module against the "debug" version. I hoped syslog and .debug level
> would be very verbose.
>
> So, call me "anything you like", but I am not coming up with the right
> combination of directives to get httpd to ignore the .php in the filename
> (e.g., removeEncoding had no effect).
>
> What directive should I be using instead?
>
> Many thanks for assistance!
>
> Michael
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have recompiled httpd-2.2.27 with --enable-maintainer-mode and
>> --enable--debugger-mode, and set, to be sure, optimization to -O0
>>
>> Some help with what needs to be done to get more debug info into the logs
>> is appreciated.
>>
>> (Note: going on a short vacation, so I might not respond again real soon).
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Good Idea, and I was hoping that using
>>>
>>>     RemoveEncoding .php
>>>
>>> was doing that.
>>>
>>> As this is a vhost, and other vhosts are using php I do not see removing
>>> PHP from the server as a solution. So, RemoveEncoding may be the wrong
>>> solution. (I was glad I even figured out that the embedded .php. in the
>>> filename is what was triggering this?)
>>>
>>> Should I "change" the encoding - will that override the effect you
>>> describe?
>>>
>>> I tried experimenting with this: still not getting the effect I am
>>> looking for. I am assuming I am using the wrong directive. (I removed the
>>> RemoveEncoding because I changed the Type - and it did not seem to be doing
>>> anything anyway).
>>>
>>> <Directory "/aixtools/dl.aixtools">
>>>     DefaultType application/octet-stream
>>>     AddType application/octet-stream .php
>>>
>>>     <Files *.I>
>>> #   RemoveEncoding .php
>>>
>>>     ForceType application/octet-stream
>>>     </Files>
>>>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>>>         IndexOptions FancyIndexing Namewidth=* FoldersFirst
>>> SuppressDescription
>>>         IndexOrderDefault Descending Date
>>>     AllowOverride None
>>>     Order allow,deny
>>>     Allow from all
>>> </Directory>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 16:45:10 +0200
>>>> Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> > I have tried, in a vhost area, to set the DefaultType to
>>>> > application/octet-stream, and I have tried to add a Type for .I
>>>> (capital i)
>>>> > endings. However, httpd-2.2.27 seems to be preferring the .php. in the
>>>> > filename rather than the .I at the end of the file. When I link the
>>>> file to
>>>> > that it has the name *.php5.* then the ContentType: is as expected.
>>>>
>>>> If you have PHP handling .php requests, then PHP sets the Content-Type
>>>> (and other) headers, overriding your config.
>>>>
>>>> Turn off PHP (in the scope of the URL in question) if you want
>>>> to use Apache configuration to control content-type.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Nick Kew
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message