httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:58:30 GMT
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 7:57 PM, David Favor <david@davidfavor.com> wrote:

> Jan Christoph Schatteburg wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i'm quite new to Apache and Servers in general and on my Wamp Server on a
>> Windows 7 System using Apache 2.4.4 i get the following Error when trying
>> to access localhost (from the Server machine of course ;)):
>>
>> --------------------------
>> Forbidden
>>
>> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>> --------------------------
>>
>> My httpd.conf has the following entries:
>>
>> --------------------------
>> <Directory />
>>     AllowOverride none
>>     Order Deny,Allow
>>     Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> <Directory "c:/wamp/www">
>>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>>     AllowOverride None
>>     Order Allow,Deny
>>     Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>> --------------------------
>>
>> I tried several different wordings like "Require all granted" instead of
>> "Order Allow,Deny Allow from all" but nothing worked :(
>>
>> I would be happy if somebody could help me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jan
>>

> Try changing...
>
>     Order Deny,Allow
>     Allow from all
>
> to...
>
>     Require all granted
>
> It appears you're trying to use Apache-2.2.x syntax with an Apache-2.4.x
> install.
>
> Details here...
>
>     http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/upgrading.html
>     Run-Time Configuration Changes

httpd initializes, so mod_access_compat is loaded, but converting to
Require is reasonable.  The default setting should be

<Directory />
    AllowOverride none
    Require all denied
</Directory>

The document root setting should be

<Directory "c:/wamp/www">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Require all granted
</Directory>

But this itself probably won't fix anything.  What is written to the error
log at the time of the failed request?  If nothing, change LogLevel to
trace8 temporarily.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/