httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to set a custom DNS to Apache?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:34:54 GMT
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Mark jensen <ngiw2012@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have read about Authoriztion in Apache:
> Require host example.org
> Require host .net example.edu
>

>     This configuration will cause
>     Apache to perform a double reverse DNS lookup on the client IP
>     address, regardless of the setting of the HostnameLookups directive.
>
> 1- What is the DNS that Apache ask for the IP of the client ?
> 2- Can I change it to let Apache ask a custom DNS ( somehting like DNS-SERVER-IP 192.168.1.10)?

Apache uses your OS's system resolver to resolve DNS queries. If you
want Apache to use a different DNS server, configure your OS's
resolver to use that DNS server.

If you want to run Apache with a different DNS server to the rest of
your OS, you will need to take OS specific steps that are unrelated to
Apache. You would find better help for this option on a mailing list
devoted to your OS.

Cheers

Tom