httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cory Zue <c...@dimagi.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using Apache as a proxy with chunked encoding and digest authentication
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:08:29 GMT
I'm experiencing a strange problem.

I'm using Apache as a proxy and submitting data using chunked encoding. The
issue that when I try to use digest authentication in this configuration
the proxy just hangs and eventually times out. The request never makes it
to the server that is sitting behind Apache.

Here is my bare bones apache configuration.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    SetEnv proxy-sendcl 1
    SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
    ProxyPass / http://localhost:8000/ timeout=0
    ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8000/
</VirtualHost>

And here is a basic curl command that I'm using which reproduces the issue:

curl --request POST --header "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" --insecure -F
file=@myfile http://192.168.7.158/ --digest --user someuser:password

Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds? Am seeing this on both
Apache 2.2 and 2.4.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also not sure what the protocol
is, but I've also asked this question on serverfault[1]

thanks,
Cory

[1]
http://serverfault.com/questions/613490/using-apache-with-chunked-encoding-and-digest-authentication