httpd-users mailing list archives

From Miguel Guedes <miguel.a.gue...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring Apache for multiple FCGI servers
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:36:50 GMT
Assuming I intend to run more than one FCGI server program under the
apache web server on the same machine, how would I set up apache such
that each FCGI server instance spawns as many instances as there are
machine cores _but_ apache processes only as many requests as there are
cores.

In other words, if there are 8 logical cores on the server and supposing
I'm running 3 FCGI servers, then there'd be 3 * 8 = 24 instances total
of FCGI servers but I'd want apache to only process a maximum of 8
requests at any time.

Are my assumptions even correct regarding number of FCGI instances to
spawn and maximum number of requests apache should be allowed to process?

-- example apache.conf
Listen 8080
PidFile apache.pid
DocumentRoot .
User www-data
Group www-data

IncludeOptional /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.load
IncludeOptional /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.conf

FastCgiServer test.fcgi -processes 8

# LoadModule fcgid_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_fcgid.so
SetHandler fastcgi-script
Options +ExecCGI
ErrorLog error.log