httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Favor <da...@davidfavor.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 - non adoption reasons??
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 15:11:53 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM, David Favor <david@davidfavor.com> wrote:
>> Biggest problem is with Apache changing format of conf entries.
>
> What do you mean by the format?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/upgrading.html covers this... snippet...

    In this example, all requests are allowed.

    2.2 configuration:

    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    2.4 configuration:

    Require all granted

This is what bricked everyone's Apache config.

Also, as I recall, conf files also changed to require having a .conf suffix,
which also meant every conf file had to be renamed + all old symlinks removed
(from sites-enabled) + all domains re-enabled.

Neither of these were a big deal + still make domains go dark.

When I updated several 1000s of my client domains went dark. Till I figured
out these niggling reasons... it was a very bad day...

- David