httpd-users mailing list archives

From "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da...@Vex.Net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.9 certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:32:59 GMT
I have been trying to upgrade to Apache 2.4.9 on a NetBSD system but I
am running into this issue.  The server starts but I get a bunch of
warnings and the certificate is not served.  Here is an example log:

[Tue Jul 15 04:11:12.011032 2014] [ssl:warn] [pid 11770] AH01909:
wwws.interviewadvantage.net:443:1 server certificate does NOT include
an ID which matches the server name

The output of "openssl x509 -in wwws.interviewadvantage.net.cert -noout
-subject" is:

subject= /serialNumber=JkZZaAJvT4dbE4y3fbqJrO3CDycOzHrP/OU=GT11315999/OU=See
www.geotrust.com/resources/cps (c)14/OU=Domain Control Validated -
QuickSSL(R)/CN=wwws.interviewadvantage.net

As you can see, it matches.  Here is the config entry.

<VirtualHost 98.158.134.6:443>
    ServerName wwws.interviewadvantage.net
    DocumentRoot /u/WEB/journey
    ServerAdmin webmaster@vex.net

    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /VEX/certs/wwws.interviewadvantage.net.cert
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/certs/wwws.interviewadvantage.net.key
</VirtualHost>

This all works under 2.4.7.  Can anyone think of any change that would
cause this problem?  I do have more than one virtual host and most are
name based but the ones with certificates are on a dedicated IP.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net