httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tomlinson, Stuart" <st0...@intl.att.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Interrupted system call: Failed to acquire SSL session cache lock
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 00:45:31 GMT
[ please excuse the poor formatting due to email client ]

> From: Jeff Trawick [mailto:trawick@gmail.com]
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Tomlinson, Stuart <st024y@intl.att.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have experienced this warning/error a few times:
> [Thu Jul 03 20:17:15 2014] [warn] (4)Interrupted system call: Failed to acquire SSL session
cache lock

> After this has occurred, the Apache ErrorLog is flooded with these errors:
> [Thu Jul 03 20:17:57 2014] [error] shmcb_subcache_retrieve internal error
>
> It looks like there is a bug in the APR library.  It doesn't handle EINTR ("Interrupted
system call") in the POSIX semaphore implementation.

Thanks for the superfast feedback. Should I file a bug for this? If so, should it be filed
for "Apache httpd-2" product or "APR" ?

> SSLMutex sem
>
> Use "SSLMutex sysvsem" instead.

Are there any expected negative impacts from using "sysvsem" instead of "sem" (which I understand
defaults to "posixsem" - described in the documentation as "elegant", whereas "sysvsem" is
merely "somewhat elegant")?

Regards,

Stu Tomlinson.