httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jesus Tellez <jesu...@sacm.org.mx>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Maxservers
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 14:00:03 GMT
Thank  you very much.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Pete Houston [mailto:ph1@openstrike.co.uk]
Enviado el: Viernes, 20 de Junio de 2014 04:48 a.m.
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: Re: [users@httpd] Maxservers

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 06:03:39PM +0000, Jesus Tellez wrote:
> I have Apache 2.0.59

That's an eight-year-old version of a legacy branch. If you don't have a truly excellent reason
for sticking with that, I suggest that you think about upgrading.

> and configured start servers=8, but on server-status only 4 are shown

StartServers only affects the initial process creation. The number of workers at any time
after that will be determined by other factors including (but not limited to) MaxSpareServers
and MinSpareServers.

> also I incresead maxclients to 200 in order to use more RAM available to Apache, is that
correct ?

MaxClients determines the maximum number of simultaneous requests which can be served. If
you have enough RAM to serve 200 simultaneous requests and deal with everything else the OS
will be doing then that would be reasonable, yes.

Pete
--
Openstrike - improving business through open source http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722
770036 / 07092 020107