httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Walzer, Jeffrey R" <Jeffrey.Wal...@bnymellon.com>
Subject [users] Apache mod_security reverse proxy and how traffic is handled
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:47:41 GMT
Does the Apache reverse proxy server forward traffic, or initiate a new connection on behalf
of the external client? We have enabled the reverse proxy via mod_security proxypass, but
I'd like to know if traffic is forwarded or a protocol break occurs and the DMZ host initiates
a new connection to the internal app server with a different payload.

Thx,
Jeff

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any
attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If
you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from
your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not
guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a
result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to
European legal entities.