httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Felt <mamf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Content-Type recognition
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:51:25 GMT
I have recompiled httpd-2.2.27 with --enable-maintainer-mode and
--enable--debugger-mode, and set, to be sure, optimization to -O0

Some help with what needs to be done to get more debug info into the logs
is appreciated.

(Note: going on a short vacation, so I might not respond again real soon).


On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Idea, and I was hoping that using
>
>     RemoveEncoding .php
>
> was doing that.
>
> As this is a vhost, and other vhosts are using php I do not see removing
> PHP from the server as a solution. So, RemoveEncoding may be the wrong
> solution. (I was glad I even figured out that the embedded .php. in the
> filename is what was triggering this?)
>
> Should I "change" the encoding - will that override the effect you
> describe?
>
> I tried experimenting with this: still not getting the effect I am looking
> for. I am assuming I am using the wrong directive. (I removed the
> RemoveEncoding because I changed the Type - and it did not seem to be doing
> anything anyway).
>
> <Directory "/aixtools/dl.aixtools">
>     DefaultType application/octet-stream
>     AddType application/octet-stream .php
>
>     <Files *.I>
> #   RemoveEncoding .php
>
>     ForceType application/octet-stream
>     </Files>
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>         IndexOptions FancyIndexing Namewidth=* FoldersFirst
> SuppressDescription
>         IndexOrderDefault Descending Date
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
>
>
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 16:45:10 +0200
>> Michael Felt <mamfelt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have tried, in a vhost area, to set the DefaultType to
>> > application/octet-stream, and I have tried to add a Type for .I
>> (capital i)
>> > endings. However, httpd-2.2.27 seems to be preferring the .php. in the
>> > filename rather than the .I at the end of the file. When I link the
>> file to
>> > that it has the name *.php5.* then the ContentType: is as expected.
>>
>> If you have PHP handling .php requests, then PHP sets the Content-Type
>> (and other) headers, overriding your config.
>>
>> Turn off PHP (in the scope of the URL in question) if you want
>> to use Apache configuration to control content-type.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Nick Kew
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message