httpd-users mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mailman CGI scripts served instead of executed
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:39:23 GMT

<mailto:mfidelman@meetinghouse.net>> het volgende geschreven:

apache 2.4. My problem is that the mailman cgi scripts are served instead of being executed.

The php5-cgi wrapper is in /var/www/w-lists. The php script gets properly executed, but the
mailman scripts (also in /var/www/w-lists) are served directly instead of being executed.

directory, but that gives me a server error.

+x)?  Permissions can screw you - they're the first thing I always check.
>>> They are all -rwxr-xr-x and w-lists:w-lists, so I believe that's OK.
>>>
>> hmm....
>>
>> Just to be clear - you're saying that SOME php scripts in /var/www/w-lists execute
properly, and others (the mailman scripts) do not?

>> If that's the case, you might want to really carefully examine what's different between
the scripts that run and the ones that download - things like perhaps .php vs. php5 suffixes,
and such.

>> You might also want to look around for extraneous .htaccess files that have conflicting
information than what's in your config file.

>> I guess you should also see if the .php setup is different on your new machine.
> To be more clear, ONLY the php script gets executed. The others are ELF binaries and
have no extension. So it's difficult to compare why the php script works and the others do
not. Maybe the difference is that the php script itself is in the document root and only the
wrapper is in the scripts folder, while the other scripts are called directly.
> There are no errors or warnings generated, apache just happily hands over the binary
file.

Now that's a whole other kettle of fish:
- So the AddHandler fcgid-script .php line is working properly, but,
- ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/www/w-lists/  is not

Maybe try upping your log level and looking at what happens when you try
to access one of the scripts - it might give you some clues.

And.. I think I just figured out what's happening: There's no handler
defined for files that don't have a suffix.

You might try replacing the AddHandler line with "SetHandler
fcgid-script" - which should make EVERYTHING in that directory executable.

On the other hand, if some files in that directory are NOT executable,
then maybe do this instead"
- add a .fcgi extension to each of your binary scripts
- change the AddHandler fcgid-script .php to "AddHandler fcgid-script
.php .fcgi"

Cheers,

Miles Fidelman

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra