httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Wiersch ...@3d4x.ch>
Subject [users] mod_fcgid is not serving more than 1024 php requests. Why?
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2014 16:46:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Apache 2.2.22 with mod_fcgid 2.3.6 and PHP 5.3

Our server should be able to serve more than 4000 concurrent PHP-requests.

When testing with e.g.
ab -c 2000 -n 10000 http://...

mod_fcgid will always create a maximum of 1024 threads only:
[] pstree
|-apache2---1024*[php5-cgi]

But my config says:

FcgidMaxProcesses 4000
FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass 4000
<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
     StartServers          2
     ServerLimit          160
     MinSpareThreads      25
     MaxSpareThreads      75
     ThreadLimit          64
     ThreadsPerChild      25
     MaxClients          4000
     MaxRequestsPerChild   0
</IfModule>

I think it's not coincidence that the maximum is exactly 1024.
But I'm unable to find the source of this maximum.

The system-, suexec- and apache-logs show no errors.
Nonetheless I increased some internal limits like the maximum process
count or the maximum open files, but with no luck.

This is driving me crazy. From where comes the limit of 1024?
Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias