httpd-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: [users] WebDAV for managing web site content HTTPD 2.4.x (9 actually) SOLVED
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 04:53:40 GMT
***SOLVED***

The fact is that mod_dav fails if the directory that you ask it to serve
contains the file that is identified as DirectoryIndex.

So in my original posting, DAV fails to serve the DocumentRoot (however
I try to get at it) BECAUSE it contains the file 'index.html'.

I got here because I realised that there was something specific about
the 'site' directory that caused mod_dav to choke, and I worked through
the variables.

My solution, which seems to work is:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.my-exemple.co.uk
    ServerAdmin webmaster@ip.uk.com
    DocumentRoot /nfs4xp/www/www.my-exemple.co.uk/site
    ErrorLog  /nfs4xp/www/www.my-exemple.co.uk/WEB-INF/logs/httpd/error.log
    CustomLog
/nfs4xp/www/www.my-exemple.co.uk/WEB-INF/logs/httpd/access.log combined
    DirectoryIndex index.html

    Alias /update /nfs4xp/www/www.my-exemple.co.uk/site

    <Directory /nfs4xp/www/www.my-exemple.co.uk/site>
        Options Indexes
        AllowOverride none
        Require all granted
    </Directory>

    <Location /update>
        Dav On
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Site Update"
        AuthUserFile
/nfs4xp/www/www.my-exemple.co.uk/WEB-INF/dav/user.passwd
        AuthBasicProvider file
        DirectoryIndex neverused.neverused

        <LimitExcept GET POST HEAD OPTIONS>
            require valid-user
        </LimitExcept>

    </Location>

</VirtualHost>

The only difference is that I change the DirectoryIndex to something
that will never appear for the DAV enabled location.

This has got to be a BUG. I'll look into reporting it. At least it seems
easy enough to work around once you know.

(I hope that I'm not celebrating prematurely).

Regards,
David