httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Stubblefield <mr.jason.stubblefi...@gmail.com>
Subject [users] ip based access control on 2.4.7
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 01:42:20 GMT
Hello,

I just upgraded to 2.4.7 from 2.2 and I’m having trouble getting ip based access control
to work in my .htaccess and config files alike.

Can someone help me with the new syntax for blocking all traffic by default then allowing
only certain IP addresses?

From what I can tell, it should be something like the following but it doesn’t work:

<Directory "/path/to/private/directory" >
Require ip 1.2.3.4
</Directory>

I want to:
Block by default to private directory
Pass allowed ip addresses.

I have managed to set it up to block everything or pass everything but no luck blocking everything
except my ip.

It is ubuntu 14 if that makes a difference, and the modz_host module is enabled.  I have tried
turning access_compat off but it breaks php and my old configuration with deny,allow,etc..
doesn’t work at all.

Baffled.

Thanks,

Jason