httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mackey, Harold A." <mac...@musc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] YOU BROKE MY CODE!
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 11:25:14 GMT
Same problem here. I have 4 worpress sites running on Apache2 using RHEL.

Two weeks ago, I configured VirtualHosting according to documentation, and three of the four
sites work flawlessly. One resolves with internal server errors.  (The first one. This means
something….)

Here is how I got it to barely work:

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80> //For some odd reason this made the blog work, but does not direct
traffic to it. You have to append the folder
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
ServerName xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
</VirtualHost>

#<VirtualHost *:80>  //Commented out the blog that was failing.
#DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/blog"
#ServerName digestivehealth.musc.edu
#</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>  //The rest work fine.
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/ddrc"
ServerName blog.place.edu
</VirtualHost>

Now I am thinking perhaps a mod_rewrite in the root virtual host that will direct traffic
to the /blog folder. (I am serving nothing out of root folder) But honestly, there appears
to be no reason for this, and I just spent two weeks on it. The code in the documentation
does not appear to work.

Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Harry