httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multilingual ErrorDocuments vs. content-type negotiation
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 08:23:21 GMT
On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 16:15 -0700, Wim Lewis wrote:
> I'm having an annoying problem as a result of enabling multilingual error documents.
The situation is this:

>   - I'm using the multilingual error docs that come with apache 2.4.x.
>   - I have clients other than web browsers --- API consumers, WebDAV clients, etc. ---
which don't include text/html in their Accept: headers.

> When an error of some kind occurs, Apache goes and looks through the typemap for a matching
error page. Unfortunately it doesn't find one, since all of the error pages are HTML.

I've not observed that, but it feels buggish to me.  From memory,
text/html should be treated as implicit in Accept.

What happens if you use multiviews without a type map
to get multilingual error docs?

--
Nick Kew