httpd-users mailing list archives

From <paul.warren.p.p...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] reverse proxy help
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:19:27 GMT
Hi Fred,

Thanks for quick response. Unfortunately your suggestion doesn’t worked.
That’s the first one I tried and it only worked on www.portal.com/bobj<http://www.portal.com/bobj>
(running on tomcat).
The other webservers didn’t work.

From: Frederik Nosi [mailto:frederik.nosi@postecom.it]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:40 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] reverse proxy help

Hi Paul,

you can add for each webserver, eg for the first one:

ProxyPass /sapserver http://www.sapserver.com/
ProxyPassReverse /sapserver http://sapserver.com/

Same for the others.

Frederik

On 04/15/2014 05:33 PM, paul.warren.p.pili@accenture.com<mailto:paul.warren.p.pili@accenture.com>
wrote:
Hi Gurus,

We have multiple webservers in our DMZ and we want to access those web servers through 1 reverse
proxy.

Here is the scenario:

Here are our webservers
www.sapserver.com<http://www.sapserver.com> – webserver1
www.bobj.com<http://www.bobj.com> – webserver2
www.qc.com<http://www.qc.com> – webserver3
www.hybris.com<http://www.hybris.com> – webserver4

We want to access the above webserver using the below link (which im not sure if we can achieve
with the help of Apache Reverse proxy)

www.portal.com/sapserver<http://www.portal.com/sapserver> - redirect to webserver1
www.portal.com/bobj<http://www.portal.com/bobj> - redirect to webserver2
www.portal.com/qc<http://www.portal.com/qc> - redirect to webserver3
www.portal.com/hybris - redirect to webserver4<http://www.portal.com/hybris%20-%20redirect%20to%20webserver4>

www.portal.com<http://www.portal.com> – virtual host or alias

These webservers are running on different host and different webservers(e.g. Tomcat, IIS,
SAP Netweaver etc)
Please advise if this scenario is possible and let me know how am I going to achieve it.
I have basic knowledge on configuring Apache reverse proxy and I can do simple configuration.
I have tried the above with the best of my knowledge but I didn’t get any luck.

Thanks

www.accenture.com<http://www.accenture.com>