httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Brodis <mabro...@colorado4x4.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTPS configuration problem.
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:59:57 GMT
Do the users actually connect to "https://xxx.com" ?  Or do they go just to
"xxx.com" in their browser and then a load-balancer/SSL-accellerator
somewhere along the way bumps them to https?

If something was bumping them to https then it would be easiest to just
change that 'bumping' to go from "http://xxx.com" to "https://www.xxx.com",
which ofcourse any webserver could do (with a default document with a
meta-refresh), but most content-source-switches or
local-traffic-managers/loadbalancers could do right in the config (i.e.
they respond to the GET / with a HTTP 302 go-over-here, etc), i.e. actually
function as a limited in-line web-server.

Good luck...