httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Canfield <andycanfi...@yandex.com>
Subject [users@httpd] localhost Forbidden
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 06:41:05 GMT
I am upgrading my notebook from 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 with Apache 2.2(?),
to 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 with Apache 2.4.

The thing is insane. It's gotten the point that web pages which require
a user name and password work, but web pages that let anyone access them
give me a "403: Forbidden" error. This is based on configuration files
exactly retained from Apache2 2.2.

As a bare minimum test I have:
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default is a symbolic link to
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default which is a symbolic link to
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default-test which is a zero length file.
This gives me the 403:Forbidden error.
So apparently authorization of some kind is mandatory now.

Can you point me to any sample default (localhost) config file that I
can copy that lets ANY user access the localhost site? From there I can
figure out how to adapt it to my needs.

Thank you.