httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] High CPU Usage in Amazon EC2
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 23:30:07 GMT
All,

On 4/8/14, 11:11 AM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
> I'm not sure I can chalk-up the above difference to simply network noise
> (specifically, average, max, 90% line). What I'm observing here is
> certainly not the extent of the problems we are experiencing, but I have
> noticed a difference between these two versions as provided by Amazon's
> yum repo.

I had a flash of inspiration while listening to one of today's talks on TLS.

We recently updated our TLS certificates, and the new server keys are
4096 bits while the older keys were 2048 bits. Of the two servers I
configured for testing, one had the new keys, the other, the old.

Matching the two keys has brought the load test back to a sane comparison.

Now I can resume hunting for the combination of packages and settings
that seems to be the differentiating factor.

-chris