httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Burke <lee.bu...@gm.com>
Subject [users@httpd] custom ldap conf file
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 18:09:18 GMT
Question - how to configure Apache to find a custom ldap conf file.

I am using Apache 2.2.12 on Suse linux 11 patchset 2, with PHP 5.2.14.

I want to create a custom ldap.conf file for use by Apache for user authentication via a remote
system.
I can't put my config info in /etc/openssl/ldap.conf or /etc/ldap.conf -- it's a long story.
But, I could create my own /etc/openldap/apache_ldap.conf.

The question is -- Where in Apache (and maybe PHP) can I tell Apache to look for and use the
settings in my custom apache_ldap.conf ?
My custom ldap conf file would include things like TLS_REQCERT, uri and base.

Lee Burke
Lead Systems Engineer
GPDS Innovation
Lee.Burke@gm.com<mailto:Lee.Burke@gm.com>
C 586.359.9417
[cid:image001.jpg@01CF57EB.1E6D62D0]

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.