httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Nate" <nate.fos...@puresolar.us>
Subject [users@httpd] Question: How to secure multiple URL's with SSL on a single host with a single domain?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:48:57 GMT
Hi All,

I'm new to the list, so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong spot.

I host a groupware service on a Debian 7 host running Apache2.2.  The
service uses multiple URL's for it's interface.

xx.xx.xx.xx/webmail is the main interface
xx.xx.xx.xx/web-admin is the administrative interface
xx.xx.xx.xx/webdav is for access to the WebDAV component

Each URL is enabled and it's .conf file is living in sites-enabled/

To secure the first URL, I modified the webmail.conf to have the
following lines at the top of the file:

<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/apache.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/apache.key
ServerAdmin webmaster@puresolar.us

and </VirtualHost> at the bottom of the file.

This worked great until I repeated it for the remaining URL's which
results in an error:  [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 443,
the first has precedence

When I search for tutorials and documentation on how to do this
properly, I keep getting information related to securing multiple
virtual hosts, which does not really work for my scenario.  I would be
grateful for any pointers on how I can secure my server properly!

Many Thanks!

-Nate