httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pratyoosh Sharma <pratyoosh.sha...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Bulkheading apache
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:04:13 GMT
We have an external facing portal that serves multiple applications via single sign on, to
bypass cross domain limitations & simplifying support we proxy all the requests through
apache httpd, there are about 100 independent applications that we proxy using mod_proxy

In case of slow responses (due to hung threads) unforeseen situations, we cause saturation
of resources on apache & cause it to die.

We want to introduce a circuit breaker/bulkhead (timeouts are not good enough) so that outages
in few application do not impact the rest.

Anyone else having the same issue? Ideas for solution?

Sent from my iPad