httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Srivastava <sni...@sconcesolutions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Memory Leak on Windows
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 10:28:43 GMT

We have apache 2.2.22 running on two different machines on Windows Server 2008 SP1.

Machine 1:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 @2.40 GHz (2 processors)
RAM:  128 GB
PRODUCTION Machine

Machine 2:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 @2.40 GHz (2 processors)
RAM: 32 GB
TEST Machine

Machine 3:
AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6176 SE 2.29 GHz (4 processors)
RAM:  12 GB
DEVELOPMENT Machine

On Machine 1, we observe that the size of the httpd.exe process increases to 1.2 Gb.

On Machine 2 and Machine 3: we run the Apache Benchmark tool to simulate the load similar
to PRODUCTION

abs -n 500000 -c 50 -A username:password https://<Domain>/application

Using the tool we can see httpd.exe (child process) memory reaching to 1.2 GB on Machine 3,
but not on Machine 2.

All the three machines have the same apache configuration.
KeepAliveTimeout 60
SendBufferSize   16384
Timeout          900
ThreadsPerChild  600

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nitin