httpd-users mailing list archives

From john gale <j...@smadness.com>
Subject [users@httpd] setting up fresh instance with SSL; httpd exiting 1 with no log
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 01:24:59 GMT

I'm running into trouble diagnosing why httpd is exiting with code 1 and no stdout / stderr
output.

Installing onto Mac OS X 10.9.2, mostly following steps similar to http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/05/install-apache-2-on-centos-6/

The server was starting fine using a vhost over port 80, and I could verify pages loaded properly.

After creating SSL cert and key, I uncommented the 'Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf' in
httpd.conf.  This ran into a module error so uncommented the 'LoadModule socache_shmcb_module
modules/mod_socache_shmcb.so' as well.  However, now httpd simply exits with status 1 and
no output, either on standard out or standard error.

My only guess is that either something was incorrectly built or there is a non-syntax misconfiguration
somewhere (syntax checks okay) but the lack of any kind of output is making it very difficult
to troubleshoot.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

thanks,

	~ john