httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8888
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:07:10 GMT
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Varun Bhuvanendran <
varun.bhuvanendran@gmail.com> wrote:

> This error appears when i tried to restart apache
>
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8888

is the map server running on the same machine on port 8888?  you can't have
both Apache httpd and the map server listening on the same address and port

 I had a map server running at port 8888. I tried to do a *Redirect* so

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/