httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Mixon <rnmi...@custco.biz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Preventing an open proxy with both a single SSL virtual host and a non-SSL virtual host
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:00:58 GMT
Jonas/Yehuda,

The example I chose was a bad one, just rushing to get the mail out I guess. The vast majority
of the requests have a return of 200, with a few 503.

I hope this reply goes through - I've waited a few days. Earlier replies to the list keep
getting rejected due to SPAM scores - I kept removing content , thinking the HTTP access logs
were the culprit - but that did not work.

I'm also sending it from an additional address I've subscribed.

Richard Mixon
Custom Computer Creations, LLC
RNMixon@CustCo.biz
mobile: 480-577-6834

On Feb 18, 2014, at 1:19 AM, Jonas Eckerman <jonas_lists@truls.org> wrote:

> Just commenting on you're logged request, not your config...
>
> What was it that made you think you had an open proxy?
> Was it only requests like the one below?
> Where they all answered with status 403?
>
> Richard Mixon <rnmixon@custco.biz> wrote:
>
>> After that we started getting flooded with requests such as the following:
>
>> 64.120.77.151 - - [13/Feb/2014:00:03:05 -0700] "GEThttp://ads.yahoo.com/st?ad_type=iframe&ad_size=160x600&section=4660128&pub_url=${PUB_URL}HTTP/1.0"
403 283 "http://creditsxchange.com/index.php/hotdeal/5536-the-times-of-india" "Mozilla/5.0
(Windows NT 7.1) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/12.0.742.112 Safari/534.30"

> You should expect requests like that on any httpserver open to the internet on port
80, just as you should expect scripted exploit probes.

> Since your server answered 403 (forbidden) the request logged above is not a problem
and does not indicate an open proxy.