httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Riggen, Scott" <Scott.Rig...@escocorp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Having issues trying to use rewriterule,proxypass,proxyreversepass
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 23:04:47 GMT
Current configuration in my vhosts file.

This is not in a location or directory block.  It is in the normal virtualhost block
I want my first rewriterule setup so that a user can type in https://myserver.mydomain.com/
and it will rewrite that to the full URL for the internal server.
i.e.  https://myserver.mydomain.com/ becomes https://myserver.mydomain.com/dir1/dir2/login.jspx

The second rewriterule is for proxying to the internal server through a firewall.
i.e. https://myserver.mydomain.com/dir1/dir2/login.jspx gets proxied to http://internalserver.mydomain.com:port#/dir1/dir2/login.jspx

then I think I need ProxyReversePass to get traffic back to the client.
Here are the lines from my current config......What am I missing here ?

RewriteRule ^/$ https://myserver.mydomain.com/dir1/dir2/login.jspx [R,L]
RewriteRule ^/dir1/dir2/(.*) http://internalserver.mydomain.com:port#/dir1/dir2/$1 [P]
ProxyPassReverse /dir1/dir2/ http://internalserver.mydomain.com:port#/dir1/dir2/

If it makes a difference the internal server is running Oracle SOA stack.
Again.  I can go directly to the Oracle SOA server with a browser and it works fine so I know
the application is providing a login page and I also know my firewall rule is good because
I run a web browser on the proxy server in the DMZ and go direct to the page and I get a login.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Starting to get pretty frustrating........

Scott