httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Streeter <mstreet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteEngine
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 02:13:03 GMT
On 2/10/2014 8:04 AM, Eric K. Dickinson wrote:
> Thank you very much.
> I gave it a go... Still no Joy, the attempts at directory recursion
> still end up in the access log...
>
> More reading.
>
> eric

Sorry to hear that.  A couple of things that help me, and may help in
your troubleshooting are:
1) Turn on rewrite logging if you're able to and haven't already. The
procedure is slightly different for newer versions of Apache, so the
exact steps depend on your Apache version.
2) To test regular expressions, check out pcretest.  It is bundled with
the pcre library which is the same library Apache uses for regular
expressions.