httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sittampalam, Nagu" <Nagu.Sittampa...@southampton.gov.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy HTTPS tunneling
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:51:09 GMT
Hello

WE are trying to setup  HTTPS tunnelling to a backend server through Apache proxy  but we
are finding the client connect but Apache does not send through the traffic the backend server.

The config we have on our Apache proxy  virtual host  is

<VirtualHost 172.19.1.136:443>

DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2221/htdocs/ibcm/"
ServerName test.testdom.local
ErrorLog logs/ibcm
ServerAdmin webmaster@testdom.local
ProxyRequests On
AllowConnect 443
SSLEngine on
SSLHonorCipherOrder On
SSLProtocol -ALL +SSLv3 +TLSv1
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM

SSLCertificateFile "/etc/ssl/crt/ibcm.crt"

SSLCertificateKeyFile "/etc/ssl/crt/testdom.key"

SSLCertificateChainFile "/etc/ssl/crt/CA-DOM.crt"

<proxy *>
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
</proxy>

<ProxyMatch (webssl.testdom.com|192.168.50.100)>
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
</ProxyMatch>
</VirtualHost>

Anybody know what we are not doing correctly.   Also we found Apache would not start without
us putting in the root certificate. Thought it would not need any certificate for tunnelling
 so wonder if we have missed something.

Nagu Sittampalam | Security Team Leader , IT Solutions Division | Southampton Strategic Services
Partnership | Landline: 02380 833012 | Fax: 02380 832973 | e-mail Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk<mailto:Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk>
| e-mail Nagu.Sittampalam@capita.co.uk<mailto:Nagu.Sittampalam@capita.co.uk> | post
Capita ITS, 1st Floor, One Guildhall Square, Above Bar, Southampton, SO14 7FP
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be subject to legal
privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you may not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the sender immediately and
delete the original e-mail from your system.