httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Costacurta <tec...@costacurta.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: How to log access to a specific web application ?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 15:24:53 GMT

>> Re: How to log access to a specific web application ?
>> 	108421 by: Igor Cicimov
>> 	108422 by: Jeff Trawick

> Yes if they have separate vhosts. Then in the vhost for the app A
> you can put lets say:

> ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error_A.log
> LogLevel info
> CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access_A.log combined

I'm a beginner with Apache.
And I prefer to avoid vhost and rather keeping my current (simple)
configuration.

> Apache httpd 2.4:
> LogLevel info
> <Location /A>
> LogLevel debug http:trace2 proxy:trace2
> </Location>

My Apache version is v2.2 under Linux
The Linux distro is Debian under Wheezy (stable) which currently
package the http v2.2

Aside this I'm using logwatch to monitor and email server activities.
As a (temporary) solution I'll probably modify the http log parser
from logwatch to add specific logging for some applications (as I feel
more comfortable with Perl and logwatch scripts).
Not a portable solution but should cover my needs short term solution.

Bye,
Bruno