httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kev <s7g2...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] How To Handle RewriteMap Program Not Running
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:27:54 GMT
Hi.

We would like to use a RewriteMap program to convert URLs which will then be proxied. So far
we have managed to create the relevant rewrite rule and a test script that does what we want.

The only flaw in our plan is that there appears to be no way to handle if the rewrite program
stops running. I was hoping that in this situation the RewriteRule would apply the right-hand
side of the map (ie: key not found) but unfortunately that side of the rule is ignored and
we end up with the URL /index.html being proxied. This is the type of rule I have tried:

        RewriteRule ^/proxytest/(.*) ${proxymap:$1|/notfound.htm} [P]

What I would like to know is if there is a way to achieve our requirements via the RewriteRule
or if there is a better way to handle if the RewriteMap program stops running.

I've also had a quick scan over the mod_rewrite source code and I think we could probably
customise the module to handle when it catches the failed case.
ie. Change
     if (i == 4 && !strcasecmp(buf, "NULL")) {
        return NULL;
     }
to:
     if ((i == 0) || (i == 4 && !strcasecmp(buf, "NULL"))) {
        return NULL;
     }

However, I would prefer to find a built-in solution to avoid having to build a special module
for Mac OS X, MS-Windows and Linux.

Thanks.
Kev.