httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache service goes down in Apache 2.4 with AH00992: ajp_read_header: ajp_ilink_receive failed
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:27:32 GMT
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 6:07 AM, Yogesh patel
<yogeshpateldaiict@gmail.com>wrote:

> HI
>
> I have upgraded my apache to 2.4 . I found one problem. Sometimes apache
> service goes down and it prints log like below:
>

> *Apache-Error: [file "ajp_header.c"] [line 691] [level 3] AH00992:
> ajp_read_header: ajp_ilink_receive failed Apache-Error: [file
> "mod_proxy_ajp.c"] [line 335] [level 3] [status 70007] AH00878: read
> response failed from %pI (%s)*

A timeout error occurs waiting for a response from the backend server.  See
if the backend server logged anything at the same time.  See if your
timeout settings are different in your 2.4 configuration.  (Maybe you had
to adjust timeouts in your 2.2 configuration to work with an application,
and you didn't carry the same changes over to your 2.4 configuration.)

I don't know what is logging those messages (some third-party module that
hooks into error logging?) but it would be much better to pull them
straight from the error log (timestamps, format strings evaluated).

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/