httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rob Yamry <rya...@kimberly.k12.wi.us>
Subject [users@httpd] Cannot authentication locally when LDAP is unavailable
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 17:28:23 GMT
Hello-
  Im having a problem where local authentication will not work when when
the configured LDAP server is unavailble.  When the ldap server is online I
can authenticate fine against ldap and local file.  However, when the ldap
server is offline, I cannot authenticate with the user1 account.

Id appreciate any help you could provide.  Ive searched a lot on this and
found many examples, all very similar to my config below, but I still
cannot failback authentication to local file when ldap is unavailable.  Im
running Apache/2.2.10

AuthName "Server Access"
AuthType Basic
# Check ldap auth first, then file auth
AuthBasicProvider file ldap
AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/htpasswd
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthLDAPURL ldap://
ldap.domain.com:389/OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com?sAMAccountName
AuthLDAPBindDN "domain\ldap_user"
AuthLDAPBindPassword password
AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN off

Require user user1
Require ldap-attribute memberOf=CN=groupName,DC=domain,DC=com