httpd-users mailing list archives

From Otis DeWitt <otis.dew...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtualhost redirects to root on mobiles
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:26:37 GMT
Try creating a server alias and restart apache.

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1 172.20.30.40> DocumentRoot /www/server1
ServerName example.com ServerAlias www.example.com</VirtualHost>

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 30, 2014, at 1:04 PM, Josh Stratton <strattonbrazil@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I setup an apache server a while back without a virtualhost and got everything working
fine.  I added a virtualhost for my wife and it seems to work fine on desktops, but on our
phones (an iphone and a windows phone), both redirect to my root site if the user adds www
to the domain in the address bar.  I assume it's just some mistake in my virtualhost setup,
but I don't understand why it works on desktop but not mobile.  I added a ServerAlias to include
the www prefix onto the domain and restarted apache, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
 I always get the "root" (hope I'm using the right naming convention) host back.