httpd-users mailing list archives

From y..@seiner.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuring mod_proxy_hml and mod_proxy_wstunnel on the same URL (different protocols)
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:10:20 GMT
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to set up proxying of
> http://mysite/openmeetings to http://localhost:5080/openmeetings
> and same time
> ws://mysite/openmeetings to ws://localhost:5080/openmeetings
>
> What I have tried
> Install apache httpd on Ubuntu 13.10 server (2.4.6 using apt-get)
> Checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.4.7/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_wstunnel.c
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.4.7/modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h
>
> (2.4.7 sources were used since I got seg faults with 2.4.6)
>

> build using
> apxs2 -aic -I/usr/include/libxml2 ./mod_proxy_wstunnel.c
>
> 1) Add following lines to the config:
>
>         <Location /openmeetings>
>                 Order allow,deny
>                 Allow from all
>                 ProxyPass http://localhost:5080/openmeetings
>                 ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:5080/openmeetings
>
>                ProxyPass ws://localhost:5080/openmeetings
>                ProxyPassReverse ws://localhost:5080/openmeetings
>         </Location>
>
> 2) restart apache
>
> perform steps 1 and 2 commenting different lines
> No luck :(

What does "No luck" mean?

This is the setup I am stuggling with....

It (almost) works.  It handles cookies but fails to handle URLs in
javascript (I think).  At least all my javascript content is broken and
some static images fail to load, and I think those are being loaded from
javascript. (I did not develop the content, I am just trying to proxy it.)

I'd suggest you get the http proxy working first and then handle the rest.

ProxyHTMLURLMap http://127.0.0.1:8002 /ap/Downstairs
<location /ap/Downstairs>
#       DefaultType text/html
        SetOutputFilter proxy-html
        ProxyHTMLExtended On
        RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
        ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:8002/
        ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:8002
        ProxyHTMLURLMap / /ap/Downstairs/
        ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /ap/Downstairs/
</location>