httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] possible FAQ: are Windows binaries for httpd no longer released?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:07:33 GMT

On 01/15/2014 08:29 PM, Claude Morin wrote:
> Please note that this is not a complaint.  It's more a check of my
> sanity and a hope to be pointed in the right direction :-).
>
> I'm unable to find Windows binaries for 2.2.26; only 2.2.25 is
> available at apache.org <http://apache.org> and on all mirrors.  I
> searched the FAQ and the mailing list archive and the only relevant
> thing I found is (emphasis mine):
>
> Q. Why isn't there a binary for my platform?
> A. ...The sole exception to these practices is the Windows package.
> Unlike most Unix and Unix-like platforms,
> Windows systems do not come with a bundled software development
> environment, so we do prepare binary kits for
> Windows when we make a release. Again, however, it's a voluntary thing
> and only a limited number of the developers
> have the capability to build the InstallShield package, so the
> *Windows release may lag somewhat *behind the source
> release. This *lag should be no more than a few days at most*.
>
> On a related note, I also noticed that no Windows binary exists for
> the 2.4 branch, not even an old version.

Please see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/platform/windows.html#down

There are several well-trusted third-parties that provide Windows
binaries. You should try one of them. (There are also several
not-as-well-trusted third-parties that provide Windows binaries. I
didn't list them on that page.)

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com