httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sittampalam, Nagu" <Nagu.Sittampa...@southampton.gov.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: SSL bridging with Apache reverse proxy
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:19:44 GMT
Can the connect protocol support be applied to just one VHOST in the apache config?

Nagu Sittampalam | Security Team Leader , IT Solutions Division | Southampton Strategic Services
Partnership | Landline: 02380 833012 | Fax: 02380 832973 | e-mail Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk<mailto:Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk>
| e-mail Nagu.Sittampalam@capita.co.uk<mailto:Nagu.Sittampalam@capita.co.uk> | post
Capita ITS, 1st Floor, One Guildhall Square, Above Bar, Southampton, SO14 7FP
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be subject to legal
privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you may not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the sender immediately and
delete the original e-mail from your system.

From: Jeff Trawick [mailto:trawick@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 January 2014 13:29
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: SSL bridging with Apache reverse proxy

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:48 AM, Sittampalam, Nagu <Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk<mailto:Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk>>
wrote:
Hello

I did not get any response to my below email so I assume SSL bridging cannot be done on Apache
reverse proxy.   So wanted to know if it is possible to do SSL tunnelling with Apache reverse
proxy?

"Reverse" proxy hides the backend server from the client, and the httpd doing the proxying
is the SSL termination point.  I don't think you mean to refer to "reverse" proxy.

See the notes on the CONNECT protocol support here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_connect.html

Nagu Sittampalam | Security Team Leader , IT Solutions Division | Southampton Strategic Services
Partnership | Landline: 02380 833012 | Fax: 02380 832973 | e-mail Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk<mailto:Nagu.Sittampalam@southampton.gov.uk>
| e-mail Nagu.Sittampalam@capita.co.uk<mailto:Nagu.Sittampalam@capita.co.uk> | post
Capita ITS, 1st Floor, One Guildhall Square, Above Bar, Southampton, SO14 7FP
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be subject to legal
privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you may not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the sender immediately and
delete the original e-mail from your system.

Is it possible to do SLL bridging with Apache reverse proxy?  Searching on the internet most
result suggest it does not work.  We want to use Apache reverse proxy to allow internet clients
to connect to our Microsoft SCCM 2012 server. This requires SLL bridging with the ability
to pass through client authentication  header information.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/