httpd-users mailing list archives

From Good Guy <xfs...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Error 404 Not Found
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 01:22:18 GMT
On 08/12/2013 02:59, Robert wrote:
> Hi Good Guy,
>
> When I loaded test.php into the browser with localhost/test.php it
> only echoed the contents of test.php back.  If I do the same thing
> with any .php file I have in htdocs the result is the same - echoes
> back the content of the file.  If I type localhost/test I get the 404
> error message... "The requested URL /test was not found on this server."
>
> Robert

OK this suggests that you have not installed php on your machine; ALSO
after installing the php files, you need to configure the apache so that
it knows where the php engine is.

1) First I suggest download the php files from this link:

<http://www.php.net/get/php-5.4.22.tar.gz/from/a/mirror>

  2) Unzip the files tp a specific folder such as c:\php

3) Post back when you have done this so that I can post some rudimentary
instructions how to configure apache server so that it can process php
files.

--
Good Guy
Website: http://mytaxsite.co.uk