httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Barchuk ...@jbarchuk.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Web Site Testing
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 06:51:05 GMT

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013, Roman Gelfand wrote:

> I think I was misunderstood.  I am looking for a web site monitoring
> software that periodically downloads a page from that site and records
> statistics like how many times it got 200, 404, etc...

For that -specific- task, 'a page,' and '200, 404, etc...,' that's not
'Software' as such, with a capital S. That's about a 20-30 line shell
script, that runs via cron. It requests a page, and records and increments
HTTP responses to a plain text file, which you can cat whenever you want
to to see results.

--
Jim Barchuk
jb@jbarchuk.com