httpd-users mailing list archives

From Allasso Travesser <allassopra...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] cookie read/write in module handler
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:27:31 GMT
Hello,

I am attempting to write a cookie, then retrieve it later.  I am doing this in a handler,
using simple code found from (sparse) information I have gathered from google searches:

  apr_table_set(r->headers_out, "Set-Cookie", "value");
  char* cookie = apr_table_get(r->headers_in, "Set-Cookie");

  ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOTICE, 0, NULL, “cookie : %s", cookie);

I would expect that after the having a particular browser access the site twice, the second
time the cookie should show up, but such is not that case, instead, no matter how many times
I access, value read into “cookie” variable is always “NULL”.

Am I being naive about how to implement this?  Or does this method not work in a handler?

Thank you kindly,

Allasso