httpd-users mailing list archives

From Allasso Travesser <allassopra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Seg fault when assigning value in AP_INIT_TAKE1 callback
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 13:38:05 GMT
Thank you for your input, Nick.  I see what you mean about using a full example; not yet understanding
how modules work, it didn’t occur to me that cfg would be getting initialized somewhere
else.  My c programming skills are also rudimentary.

Regarding mod_auth_form, I am using Apache 2.2.  I tried just loading a 2.4 module, but I
get errors.  If I knew more about Apache and how modules work, I could probably understand
why I am getting the errors.  Hence, the road I am on, as I find it helpful to learn this
stuff anyway.  (I am on Ubuntu 10.04, and there is no official package for Apache 2.4 yet
available, and being a nominal linux user I would rather stick with the mainstream)

Thanks for the help :-)

Allasso

On Dec 8, 2013, at 12:38 AM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2013, at 04:17, Allasso Travesser wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Learning to create modules, I want to read configuration directives. I used the following
example out of “The Apache Modules Book” (Nick Kew).  It compiles fine, however, when
I restart apache, I get segmentation fault: